Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Wellhe should try a bigger screen if he really want other options/experience :) he didnt have a cellphone before the iphone ? There where very few phones with big screen "back in the day" lol and not common in the street so i will dare to say he had a small size phone before the iphone, if he got used to it i think its safe to assume he will get used to a bigger screen one.

The Robot Cow

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2012
Central California
Try the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I know it has a bigger screen than you want but it actually isn't too bad once you get used to it. The battery in my personal use with the extended battery i last about a 12ish hours(but i think thats with heavy use).

Con: There is going to be a whole new line of Nexus phones and tablets coming in the next few months if you can wait.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
This is the best suggestion of all:

Do some Google research: ie:

Best 4" phone 2012

Best Android phones 2012

etc.

Rather than rely on some forum freaks (myself included). Do some research.

I was in the exact same spot as you, excepting the wanting a small screen. There is no way in hell I would rely on forum advice when it comes to such an expensive purchase, unless just taking the suggestions for topics of research.

If you DO go Android, know what you are getting into. Do research on things that will concern you. ie: how do I integrate iCal or Contacts with my Android phone etc.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
What you're looking for outside of the iPhone does not exist.

The closest you'll get is maybe the HTC 8X, which isn't out yet.

aaronchow

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
Nokia Lumia 920

First of all, Microsoft Windows Phone OS is fun to play with. It has a great intergration with its Live Services plus others to begin with. However, the thing that really impresses me is Nokia's contribution to the platform, and Nokia is known to have great support for its devices for years (Although they've discountinued theri Symbian phones, but they are still updating their apps on it).

But keep in mind that there are some small things missing here and there (such as no orientation lock, which is killing me), but Microsoft/Nokia has been building things at a very fast pace.

Currently there isn't a lot of apps available at the Market Place, but if there are enough people using it, program developers will take notice and will start develop apps for it. And Microsoft has always been great with program developers (they gave me a phone for free, and they invite me to join their party/events from time to time), and their eco-systems are getting stronger and stronger every day (XBox, Windows 8, Windows Phone), and it is easy to port from one platform to another platform if you follow their Metro guideline, so a lot of us are expecting the apps catalog to catch on eventually.

Melab

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
If you use Verizon and want a small Android phone, then you can buy either the Motorola RAZR M or the Motorola RAZR i. The Motorola RAZR i is a 2 GHz phone with Intel inside.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Nokia Lumia 920

First of all, Microsoft Windows Phone OS is fun to play with. It has a great intergration with its Live Services plus others to begin with. However, the thing that really impresses me is Nokia's contribution to the platform, and Nokia is known to have great support for its devices for years (Although they've discountinued theri Symbian phones, but they are still updating their apps on it).

But keep in mind that there are some small things missing here and there (such as no orientation lock, which is killing me), but Microsoft/Nokia has been building things at a very fast pace.

Currently there isn't a lot of apps available at the Market Place, but if there are enough people using it, program developers will take notice and will start develop apps for it. And Microsoft has always been great with program developers (they gave me a phone for free, and they invite me to join their party/events from time to time), and their eco-systems are getting stronger and stronger every day (XBox, Windows 8, Windows Phone), and it is easy to port from one platform to another platform if you follow their Metro guideline, so a lot of us are expecting the apps catalog to catch on eventually.

These man speak the truth ! I cant wait for the lumia 920 to come, i will keep my Iphone just incase i dont get along with win8 but i doubt it :D it looks very nice and very welcome change :p same way like i made the switch for windows to mac i will now switch ios for windows phone lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.