Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tms0028

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
I am on the hunt for an all-in-one Bluetooth and HomeKit compatible speaker or soundbar. As it looks right now, the Homepod will not have aux or audio input (though if they added just an aux in line I would be estatic), so I am not convinced that I will be able to play my TV sound over it, but I want to be able to use one speaker as my main voice controlled hub for all my needs: powering on/off my TV and Apple TV, playing Apple Music, connecting my non-apple devices to the soundbar via Bluetooth to playback sound, and controlling my Phillips Hue bulbs around my apartment with my voice OR using the Apple TV to control them using the Siri speaker. I am not really interested in surround sound, and my home isn't big enough to want to span multiple rooms, so I don't need more than one central speaker.

My question is, does such a device exist? I am not interested in dropping $1000+ for a series of Sonos speakers that each does one or two of the things I am looking for, I just want one reasonably priced (~$300) speaker that does it all. Any recommendations? Or am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.