Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I have been trying to use my iPad during meetings instead of writing notes in a notepad. Up to this point I have been using the standard notes app provided by Apple but I am really missing a program like Microsoft's OneNote which has a great feature that allows you to handwrite/draw (with a tablet pc) or type using the keyboard all in the same document. This always came in real handy when I needed to draw something that a presenter was drawing on the whiteboard. Apple's notes app only supports typing; has anyone found a better app for taking notes during meetings?

CactusHawk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
WhiteNote?

I have tried a few and have stuck on WhiteNote. It let's you create tabs (used like folders) and even let's you draw. I cannot comment on it's drawing capability as I don't use that function, but for note taking during meetings it is working for me.

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
I am thinking of trying evernote when I get my iPad.

How are you entering your notes? I thinking of trying to type onehanded without looking so I can focus on the meeting/people but still write some notes - like i would with a notepad.

CactusHawk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
I am thinking of trying evernote when I get my iPad.

How are you entering your notes? I thinking of trying to type onehanded without looking so I can focus on the meeting/people but still write some notes - like i would with a notepad.

There is no way I could type on the pad without looking. You may have better luck than me as I a m not the best typer on a normal keyboard. The problem for me is there is no way to find the home row. Having said that thigh I still do ok, I just look down real quick and type what I need.

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
Sundry notes has been really good to me. I think that if you had to use it for a really long time though it'd get a little difficult to use. Also unless you're very close to whoever is talking, the microphone doesn't work that well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.