Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philm001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Hello all,

I am looking for a battery replacement for a Early 2013 macbook pro battery. I found a few options but I wanted to get the community input on what they think is a good battery replacement. Here are some that I found so far:

I don't think that you can get an OEM grade battery because of Apple's strict regulations. But if you know of a place that I can get one, please let me know! My budget is so far $45 - 55 but am willing to pay a bit more for a known good battery

Please let me know what you all think!

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Ninjabatt are good. After a lot of research I went with them. It's listed as out of stock. Not sure if they'll make more of them. It's also no longer listed on Amazon.

The other good brands are Puredick (who thought of that name?), iFixit and NuPower.

Puredick is in stock. You can slide it into your MBP :D . I haven't tried them as I went with Ninjabatt. But they were my second choice due to their all around good reviews on various Mac batteries. I went with Ninjabatt as they had a much wider battery portfolio to judge quality off of.

When you do replace the battery. Go with the dental floss method to remove the old one. It's pretty easy and way cleaner than those chemical methods.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
OWC seem to be good because they have an actually address and promise a 3 warrantee.
there is a another company called "dick something" a few people here like.
 makes the best, and i am still using my original one from 2010 and get 3 hours or more.

Last edited:

philm001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
OWC seem to be good because they have an actually address and promise a 3 warrantee.
there is a another company called "dick something" a few people here like.
 makes the best, and i am still using my original one from 2010 and get 3 hours or more.
Thank you all for the links! Looking at the puredick one
Do you have a link for the battery that you are using?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
the one i am using is the original  one from 2010
sorry, i get teh lazys sometime.

if apple does not make a battery for your MacBook, j
ust get the best you can find,
condition that
and keep an eye on MacBook within cool conditions.
my stupidity had a spare MacBook ai run 86º humidity all day and the battery swelled.
this was in April last year.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Thank you all for the links! Looking at the puredick one
Do you have a link for the battery that you are using?
I used a Puredick battery for my 2015 13" MBP. No complaints, all went well, and battery seemed fine. However this a just a single anecdote from one person. At least they are a vendor that has been around for a while, unlike many cheap vendors on Amazon that last for a few months before they change their names.
IMO reviews on Amazon need a lot of intelligent sifting. Many of the 5-star reviews are fake, and many 1-star reviews are by idiots who don't know what they are doing and blame their incompetence or unrelated issues on the product.

Last edited:

philm001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Yes, that is so ttue. Bought a wifi card for mac pro upgrade and someone was complaining that their bluetooth didn't work when it is stated clearly that for bluetooth to work, you need to connect the D+/D- lines

Reactions: wilberforce

jjbond

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2021
Just a couple days ago I put one of these into my early 2013 MBP, and I couldn't be happier with the capacity so far, granted I'm only at 3 charge cycles but it seems to be working good, no surprises other than it having more than expected but I'm sure that extra capacity will come down a bit.

Jen

Attachments

• 2022-04-21_18-41-07.jpg
    2022-04-21_18-41-07.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 307

fokka85

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2022
Hello there! Does anybody know if "EGOWAY" brand is good?

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"Does anybody know if "EGOWAY" brand is good?"

Batteries -- especially 3rd-party cheap ones -- are a crapshoot.
It may be a "good one". Or... it may not be.

Like Forrest Gump said about a box of chocolates:
"You never know what you'll get..."

fokka85

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2022
Batteries -- especially 3rd-party cheap ones -- are a crapshoot.
It may be a "good one". Or... it may not be.
Like Forrest Gump said about a box of chocolates:
"You never know what you'll get..."

Particularly, this one is the most expensive available in Argentina.

TonyTech

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
I don't recommend the Newertech A1382 battery for the unibody 15-inch Macbook Pro. I got a "Service Battery" warning after aprox.2 years of installing it and the battery had only 171 cycles. I continued using the Macbook with the AC adapter, but the battery got swollen and I had to remove it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.