Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squawk1200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Loving my new Apple watch, just upgraded to the latest WatchOS but looking for a "watch face editor" and more watch face possibilities? There was a recent article about the 5 best watch face editors but looking at them in the App store, they all had some pretty negative reviews; ie, hard to navigate, made the watch freeze, etc.

So does anyone have a recommendation for a good watch editor and watch face gallery? A free app is preferred but willing to pay (REASONABLE) for a decent gallery and capable editor for various complications?

squawk1200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
No good ones?? Instead of an editor to change complications, how about a gallery of watch face options that are decent, as I really don't see anything in the standard Apple collection that causes my pulse to race?

BenGoren

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2021
Apple doesn’t offer an awful lot in the way of watch face customization beyond what you’ve already discovered.

The most you can do for an off-the-beaten-path personalized watch face is to create a graphic image, save it as a photo, and use it in the photo watch face. Note that this is a digital-only watch face with at most two complications and almost no control over the presentation of the dynamic elements.

If that doesn’t work for you, and you don’t like what you can come up with with any of the Apple-supplied faces … then you’re basically out of options.

b&

Reactions: unixfool
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.