Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
I have successfully moved my entire workflow to the iPad Pro with one exception. I am unable to find a way to host a meeting/call where I can record more than one individual track for a podcast. On my Mac, I would use Zoom to record the tracks separately and then pull them into garage band for editing. As I understand it, ipad os doesn’t allow two apps to access the microphone at the same time which I understand. I would still think I could use a web based service to achieve this. I have tried to use Zencastr, Riverside fm, and others, and none of them will work in Safari.

At this point, the only thing I can think of doing is having each person record locally and then send me the files for editing after the call. Even in that scenario, I would have to be on my iPhone for the call and record it into the ipad.

Surely I am missing an easy solution here. I’d hate to think that the ipad pro is this limited when it comes to audio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.