Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
Can i record with an isight camera, and if i can with which program??? i cant figure it out with idvd or imovie....

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
AJ Muni said:
Can i record with an isight camera, and if i can with which program??? i cant figure it out with idvd or imovie....

Yes, you can, with iMovie. From iMovie help:
Capturing live video from an iSight

You can capture live video from your iSight camera directly into iMovie. iMovie automatically converts the video from YUV format to digital video (DV) so you can use it to create your own movie.

You can use iSight with iMovie if you can also use iChat A/V on your computer. If you can't use iChat A/V, then you can't use IIDC cameras such as iSight with iMovie.

Open the privacy shutter on your iSight.

Click the mode switch to set iMovie to camera mode.

Click the triangle to the left of the camera mode switch and choose iSight from the pop-up menu.

Click "Record with iSight." The video you see in the iMovie monitor is also recording as a clip in the Clips pane.

Click "Record with iSight" again to stop recording.

You can record up to 9.5 minutes of video at a time, as long as you have enough disk space (a 9 minute clip takes about 3 gigabytes of disk space).

If you know you can use iSight with your computer but you can't seem to get it to work with iMovie, click "Tell me more" for more information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.