Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eLDeus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2013
An Apple guy suggested I look through the .itl iTunes library files to get the list of all artists, albums, playlists, smart playlists, folders, and songs that I had before my Apple Music collection disappeared after updating to Monterey. He told me the reason could be that I didn't pay for several months, but I believe it's not true. Anyway, I have a backup with my old system High Sierra and iTunes Library which had the content from Apple Music.

Any suggestions on how can I recover my collection? I can't believe Apple removes Apple Music content from Apple accounts if the subscription is not being paid in a few months.

Thanks for your help!

eLDeus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2013
I opened my backed-up iTunes library with all my Apple Music collection but it seems Apple rejects syncing it, showing the error message, though I'm able to browse Apple Music content through the Browse tab.

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 19.38.35.png

Am I right that in my case all that is possible is to use it as a list of my artists, albums, and playlists to add all I need to the new Music library that syncs normally?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.