Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
To my horror I lost my collection of old Click iPod games from my library. I still have them on my iPod Classic.

What is the best way to pull them off so I have them available for restoration?

I have a restored PPC Mini running Tiger and Leopard with iTunes 10.6.3. But with it things only go one way. I also have current day Intel and M1 Macs with Monterey and Catalina. Older versions run under VMs.

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
Can we still upload games to it? I have a bunch I backed up that were signed and now I’m wondering if downloading an older version of itunes that supported it would work but haven’t tried it.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
If they are signed for you with the same iTunes account, you should be able to get an old version, pull them into iTunes, and sync them to your iPod.
iPods still mount to your desktop with Monterey and you might be able to just drag 'n drop, but not sure.
You might run into signing issues with invalid certificates due to their age. In that case you can try turning back the clock on your Mac.
I have a 2005 PPC mini, so I just use that.

• Love
Reactions: Apleeseed84
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.