Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jets737

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
my wife had a Nano with a music collection. She now has a iTouch. Her old Windows machine crashed and she didn’t have a back-up of the music. It’s not a huge deal as all of her music was from CDs we own, but it will be an issue her new laptop doesn’t have a CD drive.

It is possible to get the music from the old iPod transferred in any way?

Thanks.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
Do you have iTunes installed on a Mac or PC?

There are a number of ways from iTunes. While connected, go to the device, go to On My Device and click on Music—this should display all the songs.

Highlight the first song. Go to the Edit Menu and Select All. Now you can export them, burn to a data or mp3 audio CD etc.

Last edited:

Newbert

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
mikehalloran, I have a similar problem as the OP and am trying your advice. I got my iPod Touch's music displayed and highlighted, but I don't see how to "export" the music to anywhere. I'd like to export/copy the music to a folder on my hard drive.

Once that's accomplished, I plan in purchasing an iPhone to install the music there. But before purchasing the iPhone, I want to make sure that the music can be exported or transferred off of the iPod.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Note: I'm using the latest version of iTunes, but have not updated he iPod's software o the latest version.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.