Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
Somehow "Documents" ended up in "Downloads", how do I get them back to "Documents" ? Going to "Finder" where I open "Documents" I cannot bring up "Downloads" so I could select all & drag them over. If I open a file in "Downloads" and "Save To" > Documents, it states it already exists. So, where is "Documents" ?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
The Documents folder is not movable, at least not in 10.6.8, and since you mentioned still using 10.6.3 in one of your threads, I presume, you still have not updated to 10.6.8 yet.
Anyway, go to your Home folder via CMD+SHIFT+H in Finder and there you should see your Downloads folder. Switch to LIST VIEW via CMD+2 and click on the triangle before the Downloads folder icon to expand that folder. Now grab the Documents folder, drag it and drop it in your Home folder.

Below is a video illustrating some drag and drop examples, in glorious 720p.

PS: Please use more descriptive thread titles in the future, as your files or folder are/is not gone and does not need to be recovered, unless your post differs vehemently from reality.
Also make sure to leave feedback behind in the threads you started, as some are still not fully solved, as it seems.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
Thanks, I now have Documents back. I have upgraded to X 10.6.8. Also, as far as ending the threads I started, I tried to delete them with no luck. As for what you stated, (If they cannot be deleted) I will go into each one and make a closure statement.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thanks, I now have Documents back. I have upgraded to X 10.6.8. Also, as far as ending the threads I started, I tried to delete them with no luck. As for what you stated, (If they cannot be deleted) I will go into each one and make a closure statement.

Normal posters do not have deleting power, only mods can delete threads, and deleting threads once they get solved, is not a good idea either, especially for the dozen people using a search engine to find answers.

To edit your thread and mark it as resolved*, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the
MR_Edit_GoAdvanced_button.png
button below your message.

MR2ss_2013_003_08_pA1_MRFmarkThreadsResolved.png

PS: Software update, upgrade--what's the difference?
Key differences

A software update is usually downloadable free of charge; a software upgrade usually is not.
A software upgrade usually increments the first "dot" number of a product (for example Mac OS X v10.6, Mac OS X v10.5); a downloadable software update usually increments second "dot" number (for example, Mac OS X v10.6.8, Mac OS X v10.5.8).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.