Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saotomefirst

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
My girlfriend has an old Apple iPod Nano 3rd Gen 8 GB that she bought a long time ago full of music and over 1400 photos. The musics are still there, they play fine, it even show videoclips. However, all the pictures show as black blocks.

The memory usage inside [ About ] confirms there's quite a lot of space being used by pictures, so I presume they are still there. My girlfriend mentioned trying to backup those pictures by herself the last time she used it, but since she's not a tech enthusiast I imagine she could have done something wrong in the process...

Are there any methods to try and recover those photos? It could be a step by step or a software that does this for sure - I've been tricked in the past into buying software that didn't actually helped me, so I'm a bit scared to do it again, at least without recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

saotomefirst

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Thanks for the tip Opes. It didn' twerk for me though... But something else did. iThmb Converter worked like a charm, it read the iTunes database files and recovered all the pictures flawlessly. Yes, it was $20, but it was worth every cent for me.

Reactions: Opes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.