Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttexxan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
My red Ipad Mini cover arrived just now...Wow its going to be small judging by the cover!! Here is a photo sized up against mac mouse..
p1231779006-5.jpg

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
My red Ipad Mini cover arrived just now...Wow its going to be small judging by the cover!! Here is a photo sized up against mac mouse..

I like the concept of the smart cover, I just always want something more sturdy or durable to cover it.

Thanks for the picture.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I like the concept of the smart cover, I just always want something more sturdy or durable to cover it.

Thanks for the picture.

I thought the same until I purchased one. While I love the Smart Covers, I actually prefer to use the device naked. The Smart Cover is really only for propping up and covering the screen when I'm walking around with it. As soon as I sit down, the cover comes off with ease.

Of course I always purchase insurance on my iPads so I don't care of I drop it, spill water on it, it gets stolen, etc.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I thought the same until I purchased one. While I love the Smart Covers, I actually prefer to use the device naked. The Smart Cover is really only for propping up and covering the screen when I'm walking around with it. As soon as I sit down, the cover comes off with ease.

Of course I always purchase insurance on my iPads so I don't care of I drop it, spill water on it, it gets stolen, etc.

How do you have theft coverage if you don't mind me asking?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
How do you have theft coverage if you don't mind me asking?

No, I don't mind at all. I use a company called Worth Ave Group. My cost for iPad insurance was only $52 a year and covers everything but it being lost, which I understand that.

With WAG, I can walk into an Apple Store, buy an out of warranty iPad and Worth will refund the money minus $50. If it's stolen, they'll send me a check for the retail cost of the iPad minus the same $50 deductible. While I hope I don't have to use it, it's nice knowing it is covered. And for a hair over $50, I feel it's "worth" it. :)

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
No, I don't mind at all. I use a company called Worth Ave Group. My cost for iPad insurance was only $52 a year and covers everything but it being lost, which I understand that.

If you lost it, why wouldn't you just say it was stolen, and get it replaced for $50? Or better yet, why wouldn't someone sell theirs to a buddy, and then claim it was stolen? I think this is why most don't cover lost OR stolen.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
If you lost it, why wouldn't you just say it was stolen, and get it replaced for $50? Or better yet, why wouldn't someone sell theirs to a buddy, and then claim it was stolen? I think this is why most don't cover lost OR stolen.

Insurance fraud is fun.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010

One, I won't commit fraud and two, stolen claims require a police report. Any insurance company will not just send a check if you say something's stolen. It requires serial numbers, police reports and an investigation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.