Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do sometimes you feel like you’re on Reddit when on Macrumors? No offense

• No

• Sometimes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shhhh

Suspended
Jun 10, 2023
You must be in parts of Reddit I never visit. I browse Apple Music, Apple, and a few tech areas of Reddit and I find there are many interesting and informative comments from seemingly intelligent non-jerks.
If you stay in specific subreddits instead of the main page, you’ll generally be okay.

Reactions: max2 and rm5

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
I'm abstaining right now (for various reasons (more for others, than because of u/spaz)).

I could no more confuse MR and Reddit than I could Union Station and Grand Central ;)

Reactions: max2 and rm5

SB1500

Suspended
Dec 31, 2021
Centralised forums aren't ideal. Some people love the idea. For me on Reddit, as soon as you say something someone doesn't like, the instinct to go hunting for a witty personal attack comes to their mind.. they go through your profile find that you like, oh I don't know, gardening? Next thing they're telling you to 'take the pot off your head' or something like that.

Dedicated forums have been best, alright so MR has poor moderation but Reddit definitely has worse. Car forums, tech forums, bike forum, food forum etc, are all full of people really passionate about their hobbies etc. I never could take to Reddit.

Reactions: asv56kx3088
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.