Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Szczelec33

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
I used all of my own graphic design for both my new logo and background or hero image. And man does it look beautiful. This is what great user experience and artistic flair in design comes in. I am now a month away until wordpress forces me to pay for a new annual plan and am wondering if I should make it a personal plan again just for the theme alone or go for the plugin plan and more expensive business plan? I do need some business and way more traffic than Im getting that is for sure. My site is artisticcounterculture.com.

Last edited:

Pbwj

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2018
I recommend using a host that is dedicated for wordpress like Kinsta or Wpengine. From personal experience, their support is much better and scalable for ecommerce

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
Looks good! Maybe the top banner graphic, you could make the CSS width to 100% so the graphic extends all the way from left to right so you don't have any white space on both sides.

Szczelec33

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
So do you think I should reknee my Wordpress plan whiche spires in a few days? Or is there a way to esport my whole site and out it into something like Webfkow or Weebly where its free to howt and as long as I ourchase the domain from godaddy or somewhere which should open up once this plan dies I dont have to be forced to pay a one time annual fee like wordpress forces you? or should I just keep it or make it basic not personal freelance? also, what would happen to my data since the cheapest plan or free only has 3gb limit while my current one is wt like 7 or 14 gb? what if I am already using more than three?

Pbwj

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2018
So do you think I should reknee my Wordpress plan whiche spires in a few days? Or is there a way to esport my whole site and out it into something like Webfkow or Weebly where its free to howt and as long as I ourchase the domain from godaddy or somewhere which should open up once this plan dies I dont have to be forced to pay a one time annual fee like wordpress forces you? or should I just keep it or make it basic not personal freelance? also, what would happen to my data since the cheapest plan or free only has 3gb limit while my current one is wt like 7 or 14 gb? what if I am already using more than three?

Since your current theme is a Wordpress theme you won't be able to use it with webflow or weebly. There are migration tools that allow you to convert Wordpress posts into other formats but best bet is to stay with a Wordpress hosting platform. Check out the free Duplicator plug-in which allows you to backup and transfer to other hosts. https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

jmike24

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2020
Redesigned your personal-site is not a difficult task if your use wordpress CMS with page builder. Anyone can do it just wact video on youtube for tutorial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.