Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Hi

Is there any way to completely remove the animations? I mean the once that happen when you unlock the device or open and close an app. It feels frustrating to me.

I know in the accessibility settings you can reduce movement which makes it appear to be better, but it's only slightly faster. I want it instantly, but I'm afraid this is only possible with a jailbreak?

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
If you unlock the phone, start apps or whatever there is literally just a fade-in/out effect that lasts a few milliseconds. What more (less) can you want? OCD?

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
If you unlock the phone, start apps or whatever there is literally just a fade-in/out effect that lasts a few milliseconds. What more (less) can you want? OCD?

It's more than a 'few' milliseconds, it feels slow, especially if switching apps a lot. Plus it's just stupid that there isn't a setting for this.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Don't know myself.
But I assume you're gonna get more frustrated by the jailbraking process and the inability to update right after iOS is updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.