Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

travisc555

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2019
When I refine my home location on apple maps it resets it to where ios thinks my home location is (the non refined home location) after I close apple maps and open it back up again (ie it has not saved the refined home location I just set.) This happens everytime I refine the home location. Any ideas?

iphone 8 running ios 13.5.1

Thanks!

Reactions: duozmo

Vlad Soare

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
There's no solution to that, unfortunately. That's how Maps works. Your home location is always where Maps thinks it should be, based on the street address you've entered.
Between my home and the main street there's a two hundred yards long, privately owned driveway. My official postal address is on the main street, and that's where Apple Maps shows my house, and there's nothing I can do to change it. Therefore my "when I get home" reminders never work.
We can only hope that it will get a bit smarter with the next iOS release. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

travisc555

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2019
Hmmm... ok. Just weird then that their is an option that says (when asking if you want to send Apple feedback) "Just remember the correct location on my devices" when it doesn't do that :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.