Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azpc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Refinements that I would like to see in future betas.

1. Ability to set the default font size in Contacts like you can in Notes.

2. Alphabetize the E-Mail folders under the section “On My Mac". If you have several folders this can be a pain to keep organized!

3. Rotate text boxes in Preview with a Mouse. Trackpad users can do it why can’t mouse users?

4. Changing and selecting fonts in Notes is too complex. Currently, right click to bring up menu, left click on Font, left click on show fonts. Just to change the font or the font size! Why not borrow part of the toolbar functionality from Text Editor? It is easier and faster!

5. A command to set the default viewing Scale in Mail. Twelve point fonts are difficult for many to comfortably read. Pages solves this problem with a Zoom setting.

6. An option to configure Messages on the Mac to work like iOS Messages.

In iOS - Pressing enter moves to the next line of the message. Click Send when you want to send the message.

In OSX - The enter key sends the message. If you want to type multiple lines in a message you have to press control enter for each line and then press enter at the end of the message.

7. A Cut function in the Finder.

8. Currently the Home and End keys have not been assigned a default function.

May I suggest the following:

- Press the home key to move the cursor to the beginning of the line.
- Press the end key to move the cursor to the end of the line.

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
2. Alphabetize the E-Mail folders under the section “On My Mac". If you have several folders this can be a pain to keep organized!

Drag the folder and drop it on the header "On My Mac". This will alphabetize.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
8. Currently the Home and End keys have not been assigned a default function.
In which app? I haven't tried 10.13 yet, but in every app I've used since OS 10.2 the Home and End keys have gone to the beginning and end of the current document. Has that changed?

Something I'd like to see in Finder would be a mouse-only "alter selection" feature. For example, I could drag a box around 10 files to select them all, then click one of them with the middle button to remove it from the selection. That's one of the main features I miss when I'm using a Mac.

ryxn

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
In which app? I haven't tried 10.13 yet, but in every app I've used since OS 10.2 the Home and End keys have gone to the beginning and end of the current document. Has that changed?
I'm on 10.13 and use a third-party mechanical keyboard, and the Home and End keys work just as you described.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.