Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BistoGravy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2024
I went to the Apple Store picked up a new phone but had buyers remorse. Returned it the very next day to the same store but I haven’t had my refund.

It’s currently been 18 days. The store said they refunded it when I went back to ask but the bank is saying they haven’t received it and can’t do a chargeback as it wasn’t fraudulent.

I’m being pushed in circles.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
When I make a return to the Apple Store, they immediately send me an email confirming the transaction. They usually ask me if I want a receipt as well. I would call or stop by the store and speak with the manager to see if they have a record of your appointment. Also, I would do this before too much time passes. If something nefarious happened, they surely have everything on video for a time.

BistoGravy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2024
When I make a return to the Apple Store, they immediately send me an email confirming the transaction. They usually ask me if I want a receipt as well. I would call or stop by the store and speak with the manager to see if they have a record of your appointment. Also, I would do this before too much time passes. If something nefarious happened, they surely have everything on video for a time.
I have a email saying thank you for your purchase and on the email theirs a pdf with a receipt and it says a refund basically back to the Apple Pay Card I used followed by the amount and no cvm
I also asked for a paper copy and that’s just a duplicate. I’ll have to visit as soon as I get a moment. I’ll go the moment it opens so it’s not busy.

Reactions: dotzero123

BistoGravy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2024
Spoke to them not too long ago and Goldman finally was the one who admitted fault but said they’re correct about them not having the funds.
My account was “secretly frozen” for 6 hours for an investigation on a transaction. The refund went in during them 6 hours and bounced back.

They’ve sent me a email with a letter attached to show Apple. Apple support said they’ve contacted the department and I’ll need to wait a further 10 working days and they can retry due to department backlog.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Spoke to them not too long ago and Goldman finally was the one who admitted fault but said they’re correct about them not having the funds.
My account was “secretly frozen” for 6 hours for an investigation on a transaction. The refund went in during them 6 hours and bounced back.

They’ve sent me a email with a letter attached to show Apple. Apple support said they’ve contacted the department and I’ll need to wait a further 10 working days and they can retry due to department backlog.

‘Apple has not been very happy with Goldman’s customer service. Changes are coming.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I'm surprised a frozen account can't accept refunds. Any other credit card would take it, no problem. A refund is money going back to the card issuer, not coming out.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
Multiple returns ? I have noticed after 4 returns within a couple of months no phone issues just remorse by me that regular fs take longer and have been up to 2 weeks with me needing to call Apple so sag to call bank - maybe they stall refunds on such situations ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.