Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p1ally

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Last week, I had to reset the settings on my phone (pesky iOS 12 beta), which removed my debit card from apple pay.

I returned something to a store yesterday, and the refund was automatically issued to the card it was purchased on- via apple pay. (The last 4 of the card number they read off was def my apple pay acct.)

I'm realizing today that the card was disconnected last week, prior to the return- and I'm concerned my refund will be lost in limbo. Any insight on this?

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
It seems to sort itself out just fine. I've returned things when the DAN has changed, and the credit still went back to the correct account.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Apple cash/pay.
This is a multi tiered fix.

First you’ll call Apple support. The incident will more than likely be escalated to a senior agent, this is good.
The senior agen will more than likely need to confer to his/her manager.
From there one more escalation. This is usually the second phone call.
The next step is well orchestrated. The escalation will take you to another agent. That agent will connect you to an Apple Pay expert.
They will review your Apple cash/pay activity. If there is lingering cash or unresolved refunds, this is the group to set up refunds.
They will quote you a time it will take to refund any outstanding balances or refunds.

The Apple cash/pay is a different group all together and not easily accessible without first going through support.

Don’t worry the process is smooth, be patient and explain the issue clearly. Have the credit card handy as they may ask for the customer service number.

It can take 2-3 weeks to completely resolve an issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.