Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaslam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Im thinking about buying an Apple display, but they are way to overpriced and expensive.

Does anyone know if they do refurb screens?

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Why don't you look on the store??? There's a 20" refurb on there right now for $599, which is still way too expensive in my opinion considering it's probably the older revision. You can almost buy two Dell 2007WFP for that price, which have the better more up-to-date panel. But if you have to have an ACD, the refurb store is an option. You could get a brand new one for $100 more though.

chaslam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Sorry forgot to mention im in the UK. Have never seen then on the UK refurb store but they might be availble via a 3rd party or something?

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Oh, sorry. I don't know about refurb monitors being available from 3rd parties, but you may just want to keep an eye on the UK store. The US store doesn't always have them available, but they pop up from time to time.

Diskdoctor

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2006
I just bought a mac pro and I got 2 ViewSonic 20" wide screen montors for less than the price of 1 apple 20".. At PC World...

KipCoon

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2000
ATL
Like the others pointed out. Unless you have to have the specific connector they offer, I'd go elsewhere unless you're shootin for a 30". Which, by the sounds of it, you're not.

Its a shame you're overseas, BestBuy was selling 19" 5ms response time Samsung widescreens for $129 :eek:

But check around locally, theres a lot of good choices out there that offer just as good of a picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.