Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skins0304

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
My refurb White Macbook (2.2, 120gb, SD) is being delivered today (on the truck for delivery!) and I have a few questions.

I still have the mini-dvi adapter from my iBook G4 (which died about a year and a half ago), will it work with my Macbook? I'd hate to purchase another one if this one will suffice.

Secondly, I will be using my Macbook for some mid-range music production (may get an mbox in a few months) and am wondering if the performance increase between 2 and 4gb of Ram will make a difference? Granted, 4gb is very cheap right now and may be worth the upgrade in the future, but I'm just curious if it will make a huge difference in for now running Logic Express or in the future running pro tools.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I think it will work. I picked up a DVI to mini DVI adaptor a while back when CompUSA was going out of business. It worked on my MacBook even though the packaging was non-machine specific.

skins0304

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I have an old iBook G4.

That's not a mini-DVI, that's a mini-Apple Display Adapter...

I found this out when I tried to plug it in. haha. Thanks for the info though.

I love, love, love my new macbook. It even came with 2gb of ram, which I didn't expect.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I found this out when I tried to plug it in. haha. Thanks for the info though.

I love, love, love my new macbook. It even came with 2gb of ram, which I didn't expect.

CONGRATS!!! I also got lucky with the RAM and my refurbished Black MacBook also came with 2 Gig! I love it! Enjoy your MacBook! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.