Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mparkes

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Spangle, WA
OK so my refurb 2.2 from Apple arrived today - scared to open the box as to what I might find LOL

Are there specific parts, or known issues to check first to make sure everything is in good working order? I am familiar with the yellowing screen issue, what else to look for?

jarenado

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Florida
everything should be just fine, and you have a year warranty for something to go wrong. So start enjoying your computer, and know that you are the envy of everyone at starbucks that dont have MBP

mparkes

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Spangle, WA
everything should be just fine, and you have a year warranty for something to go wrong. So start enjoying your computer, and know that you are the envy of everyone at starbucks that dont have MBP

OKay, I finally got my nerve up and unboxed it. Even took pix of the unboxing LOL. Came with Ilife 08. Ram and HD stock sizes for 2.2 ... But most importantly...

YAY! - Nice, even, WHITE LG screen, looks fantastic. (A lot better than the brand new MBP's I was looking at last week at BestBuy.) I was really dreading getting the "yellar" model, thinking that Apple was passing the crummy screens over to the refurb crowd. But this baby looks brand new... haven't checked the serial number/week build yet, I thought the refurbs received a new number? Everything looks great, can't wait to go to Starbucks! :D

1486460475_11eb2a049b.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.