Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Refurbished Apple Watch Ultra 2 units are now on sale in China – the first and only country in which the device is available refurbished directly from Apple.

apple-watch-ultra-2-purple.jpg

The refurbished models are discounted by approximately 15 percent compared to equivalent brand new configurations. Apple tests, inspects, cleans, and repackages all refurbished devices to ensure they are fully functional and in good condition, and they are covered by a one-year limited warranty and eligible for AppleCare+ coverage.

The Apple Watch Ultra 2 launched in September 2023, featuring the S9 chip, a brighter display, and the double-tap gesture. Apple is highly likely to soon begin selling refurbished ‌Apple Watch Ultra 2‌ models in other countries now that it has started to do so in China, but it is unclear if availability will expand to the U.S. due to Apple's ongoing legal battle with medical tech company Masimo over the Blood Oxygen app.

Update: A refurbished Apple Watch Ultra 2 is now available in the U.K. too.

Article Link: Refurbished Apple Watch Ultra 2 Begins Rolling Out Outside U.S.

Last edited:

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I don't plan on upgrading from my S7 until I see what S10 (or SX) looks like. I really like the flat screen of the ultra, but if they make that design on the 45MM body, I think I'd be more interested in that.

KFridman

macrumors regular
May 8, 2020
New York State
If these come to the US I'll be tempted. Had planned on getting the Ultra 2 at the same time I get a new iPad Air assuming they are released based on the latest rumor.

KFridman

macrumors regular
May 8, 2020
New York State
This is a great watch..... If you don't have the 1

I may be tempted to upgrade to the ultra 3 in Sep/Oct if the rumors of a design change with new clasp mechanism are true... but other than that, the Ultra 1 is still working wonderfully.
Didn't I read a rumor somewhere that the Ultra 3 isn't expected this year?

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
I've been planning to keep using my 1st-gen Watch SE until it no longer gets updates, but I'd be so tempted to get an Ultra 2 if I could get it for a good price. 😩

Reactions: Sir_Macs_A_Lot

imtoretto

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2023
If AWU3 does not has anything really amazing to offer in a few months, i think i will go buy the AWU1 new, hopefully by the time all this products comes out the U1 goes more lower on the price.

imtoretto

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2023
This is a great watch..... If you don't have the 1

I may be tempted to upgrade to the ultra 3 in Sep/Oct if the rumors of a design change with new clasp mechanism are true... but other than that, the Ultra 1 is still working wonderfully.
man i spotted 2 places to get the U1 New if the U3 doesnt really looks that convincing......

Reactions: bigjnyc

Abdol

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2019
My microwave also displays time but I still call it a microwave oven.

It’s a fitness tracker with time display at its best.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
Can someone remind me whether the ban on blood oxygen sensor in the Ultra 2 is still in effect?

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
sold my ultra and moved to forerunner 265, couldn’t be happier. These watches are way overpriced and lack advanced features for training
I would not say it lacks advanced features for training. What Garmin sells you is a lot of metrics that are not really proven. It sure does sound very scientific with a lot of numbers. But when you quantify things, you have to ask how is it done, is is accurate, is it appropriate, does it mean anything? And, if you want additional metrics, you can get a lot of that from the Apple Watch via third-party apps.

Sir_Macs_A_Lot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2020
I've been planning to keep using my 1st-gen Watch SE until it no longer gets updates, but I'd be so tempted to get an Ultra 2 if I could get it for a good price. 😩
Same here. My SE (1st Gen) still has 90% Battery Health, so I hope to keep it as long as possible. That said, 15% off is $680 which is a lot more tempting than paying $800. If Ultra 3 comes out this year but isn't any better than Ultra 2...I'll jump on this.

Reactions: SixStarsPlus

mac38728

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2024
USA
I don't plan on upgrading from my S7 until I see what S10 (or SX) looks like. I really like the flat screen of the ultra, but if they make that design on the 45MM body, I think I'd be more interested in that.
Yeah wait on upgrading. The S7 is perfectly capable and has the second to fastest Apple Watch processor. The features each gen have been really minor and even the S10 might not be a huge upgrade besides the design. I’m hoping for blood pressure and blood glucose then I think it’ll be a instant buy for me imo

Reactions: Jovijoker

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Expecting to see the refurbished models in other countries. In the US, some retailers may be offering discount on brand new ones.

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
sold my ultra and moved to forerunner 265, couldn’t be happier. These watches are way overpriced and lack advanced features for training
I'm very happy with my AWU 1 more than a year after I purchased it.

The forerunner 256 and AWU are 2 very different products. They cater to different types of users.

I don't doubt the FR was the right watch for you, and is for many people. But given what I use my AWU 1 for it was the right purchase for me. Overall, the AWU is a fine product that after a year of use I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone I know.

Reactions: Putte_Kindh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.