Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Hello everyone. I was thinking about buying a refurbished iPad mini 5 and while it has its own section in the Apple refurbished site, it’s greyed out and none are listed. It’s been a while since I’ve bought anything from the Apple refurb store. Does anyone know - does new stock of sold out refurbished items ever make its way back? Or if something is sold out, does it never get restocked? Just wondering if I should look elsewhere or keep checking Apple.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Hello everyone. I was thinking about buying a refurbished iPad mini 5 and while it has its own section in the Apple refurbished site, it’s greyed out and none are listed. It’s been a while since I’ve bought anything from the Apple refurb store. Does anyone know - does new stock of sold out refurbished items ever make its way back? Or if something is sold out, does it never get restocked? Just wondering if I should look elsewhere or keep checking Apple.

Yes they do restock but you may be in for a long wait. I find the minis tend to appear quite rarely on the refurb store.

Mind, the mini 5 was in stock on Apple refurb (US) just yesterday.

Reactions: boston04and07

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Yes they do restock but you may be in for a long wait. I find the minis tend to appear quite rarely on the refurb store.

Mind, the mini 5 was in stock on Apple refurb (US) just yesterday.
Ahh I just missed it! Thanks for the quick reply though.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I keep a refurb store link in my favorites toolbar for quick access. When there's a device I want, checking several times a day has helped, but it's no guarantee. But I also check the refurbs as a kind of idle sport. To me it's interesting to see what's available and what sells quickly. Those $43K+ Mac Pros aren't exactly moving ...

Reactions: boston04and07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.