Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpsmith76

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
Huntsville, AL USA
I have been reading these forums for years, but never created an account until today, but I had some exciting news I thought I would share.

Years ago, I had lost my .Mac address when the transition to pay to free MobileMe occurred, and had spent hours on the phone to Apple Care to try and get it back. the me.com and eventually icloud.com versions would work just fine, but the original mac.com address was lost for good. AppleCare even said there was no way to get it added back as an alias.

To my surprise once on iOS 8, I am scouring through all the settings to see if there were any hidden gems and sure enough, my @mac.com email address is there and able to send and receive mail again.

Just thought I would share in case there is anyone else who lost their mac.com email alias. You might want to see if it is back....

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
I have been reading these forums for years, but never created an account until today, but I had some exciting news I thought I would share.

Years ago, I had lost my .Mac address when the transition to pay to free MobileMe occurred, and had spent hours on the phone to Apple Care to try and get it back. the me.com and eventually icloud.com versions would work just fine, but the original mac.com address was lost for good. AppleCare even said there was no way to get it added back as an alias.

To my surprise once on iOS 8, I am scouring through all the settings to see if there were any hidden gems and sure enough, my @mac.com email address is there and able to send and receive mail again.

Just thought I would share in case there is anyone else who lost their mac.com email alias. You might want to see if it is back....

Awesome news! There is but hope!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.