Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Hi, i am perfectly fine with 15 specs but wanna know if pro users here use log videos capture in 15 pro and is it worth it? I believe some setup is required surely with SSD to record log videos.

I am okay with 60hz panel but i can tell difference with 120hz pro. Is it good to upgrade to pro only for log videos ? I am planning to record myself for youtube videos, would log videos and post work required be worth it i am contemplating. .

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, i am perfectly fine with 15 specs but wanna know if pro users here use log videos capture in 15 pro and is it worth it? I believe some setup is required surely with SSD to record log videos.

I am okay with 60hz panel but i can tell difference with 120hz pro. Is it good to upgrade to pro only for log videos ? I am planning to record myself for youtube videos, would log videos and post work required be worth it i am contemplating. .

If you’re heading down the content creators’ path then absolutely, the 15 Pro is worth it. It’s a sensible upgrade over the 15 - you are actually going to use the feature to product better quality videos that adds value into your channel and work, and hopefully generate you some income.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012

Had the I phone 15 then returned it for a 15 pro. Never use these log video modes or other things like red or ray tracing whatever that is. I liked the 15 P more and do find the macro mode photos nice and would use it a lot. Overall battery seemed better on 15 vs 15 P but only just got it this week so still time to improve
15 P screen is nicer but I don’t know abou5b60 Hz vs 120 Hz as the 15 screen was good also
best to just enjoy it and forget these small details which Ar3 there if you ever wan5 them

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
And the iP 15 Pro/Max is for professional users, right? 😂
No I see just as many 15 Pro Max phones as I do 15 and 15 Pro much less 15 plus. Mostly the larger phones are carried by females and most only
Use their phone for “non pro” use

kristof461

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2023
Many iPhone 15 pro users have issue with their batteries. To me that’s the problem with new chipset. Regular 15 looks more solid in terms of battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Rukh

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
@kristof461 yep, thats what i hear everywhere, but Apple Store Guys run by spec sheet and claim 15 pro's battery better than regular 15.

Last edited:

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
15 is for kids, oldies, or business that give out phones to employee.
I Hope that this is a joke as this oldie user of a 15 Pro loves the Promotion, brighter screen, better camera system and doesn't care about the battery as the 15 Pro matches my lifestyle better then the standard version.
Image.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Sorinut and geta

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Having used both the 15 and 15 Pro, get the 15. Much better battery life. With the 15 Pro, I had battery anxiety way too often. Not worth it.

Reactions: vivek28

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC

unless you know what youre doing the pro features will be lost on you. Do you grade your videos with LUTs? If not, then get the 15. The telephoto lens on the 15 pro is horrible relatively.

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
99.9% of people who get the Pro 6.1" don't know the difference between Pro and regular 15 the only thing they see is three cameras vs two. Most people get brainwashed with their cellular service thinking they are getting a $1000 trade-in credit but yet in the long run if you do the math it is included in the monthly bill.

Reactions: vivek28

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
unless you know what youre doing the pro features will be lost on you. Do you grade your videos with LUTs? If not, then get the 15. The telephoto lens on the 15 pro is horrible relatively.
No, currently I have no idea how to do FCP edits or apply luts/grade. I am ready to learn if its worth it from my youtube projects. and i have heard that regular 15 can also record ProRes in blackmagic cam app if it makes sense.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
No, currently I have no idea how to do FCP edits or apply luts/grade. I am ready to learn if its worth it from my youtube projects. and i have heard that regular 15 can also record ProRes in blackmagic cam app if it makes sense.
if you're already thinking that way then just get the pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.