Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Branaghan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
In my case I am using a wired keyboard, the Logitech K120, and the iPAD Pro 10.5 with the 3.0 APPLE USB CAMERA ADAPTER.

I noticed some keys are not recognized by iPADOs, like HOME and END, and you also cannot type ? or : by simply pressing Shift + the corresponding key. In here I not only use US, I also switch to Brazil`s portuguese ABNT-2.

So, I was wondering if I wanted to use a regular WIRED keyboard, if there`s some way to use all keys the exact same way we do in Windows (PC) or if this is impossible. To be specific, the issue with not being able to hit HOME and END is that you can`t go to the beginning of a paragraph or the end to edit something.

There`s also a very specific issue that I wasn`t able to discover how to change, and this one has nothing to do with the keys… it`s the speed of the cursor. In Windows this is dramatically faster than here in the iPAD, so you can quickly move between words with the arrow keys. In here if you keep the arrow key pressed to the left then it takes a lot longer, which also makes it impossible to review and delete a word, so I am always going back to touching the iPAD screen to go wherever I want. How do I fix that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.