Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixeltarian

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
The error log is too long to post, so I attached it. I have (had?) Yosemite installed. I wanted to reinstall it fresh (cmd+R). The first time I tried I got the attached error. Now when I restart and try to install it just says "an error has occurred."

Now I can't boot into anything but recovery. Should I use the disk manager to erase and try again, or will that delete the system restore portion of the internal HDD?

Attachments

• Installer Log 11-Nov-2014.txt
    104.9 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The error log is too long to post, so I attached it. I have (had?) Yosemite installed. I wanted to reinstall it fresh (cmd+R). The first time I tried I got the attached error. Now when I restart and try to install it just says "an error has occurred."

Now I can't boot into anything but recovery. Should I use the disk manager to erase and try again, or will that delete the system restore portion of the internal HDD?

You can just erase and try again. It won't delete the recovery partition while you are booted to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.