Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munk18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
Hello
Just last night ran into a number of problems Ive never encountered before with my early 2011 MBP and El Capitan. you can read about it here!

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...el-capitan-showing-very-slow-boot-up.1957531/

Anyway, I dont know yet if I should reformat my HD and reinstall El Capitan, but most likely it will come down to that. I did this Clean install of El Capitan less than a week ago.

The only important program I have on my drive is Logic Pro X I purchased from the App store about 2 days ago. My question is if I were to reformat and reinstall El Capitan can I reinstall Logic Pro X back on my computer? I have the receipt in my email. Just wondering if theres anything I should know with reinstalling apps purchased from the Apple store.

thanks!

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You can re-download apps purchased from the Mac App Store.

Confirm by launching Mac App Store, and go to Purchases Tab. If it's in the history then you should be good.

munk18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
You can re-download apps purchased from the Mac App Store.

Confirm by launching Mac App Store, and go to Purchases Tab. If it's in the history then you should be good.

Well at the moment my mac froze doing the Apple Hardware Test so I cant get to the desktop to check my purchases. Typing this on a PC that doesnt have iTunes. I signed into my apple ID account on apple.com and there are no orders shown in my account history for the past 90s days... Do I need Mac Store App to check?

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
If Apple decides to pull software from Mac App Store there is no way to download it again. With Apples own software it probably isn't a issue but its worth keeping in mind...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.