Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
I know there are several ways to reject an incoming phone call. But I can't seem to find a way to fully reject a call and also keep the caller from going to my voicemail. This is mainly for the several spam calls I get every day. Blocking numbers is not an option because the calls always come from different numbers. Is there a way to reject an incoming call and keep that call from going to voicemail?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I know there are several ways to reject an incoming phone call. But I can't seem to find a way to fully reject a call and also keep the caller from going to my voicemail. This is mainly for the several spam calls I get every day. Blocking numbers is not an option because the calls always come from different numbers. Is there a way to reject an incoming call and keep that call from going to voicemail?
No, there is not unless your carrier offers a solution.

It's only possible via jailbreaking. iBlacklists allows you to block calls and text messages. One of the options is to answer and hangup.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
HI All,

I wanted to update this thread with a bump and inquiry ...

Is there now a solution in iOS natively that offers not just the ability to Block an incoming call (using a number in contacts or manually entered) ... but to reject an inbound voice message from a pre-recorded audio message (not an audio file) sent to your carriers voicemail?

(
PS: edited to show this original post was a question, not a statement)

example:
Annoying 1-8xx number calls ... iOS Call Blocking rejects call. done.
Annoying 1-8xx number has a voice recording and directly goes to your voice mail (similar to carrier within same carrier voicemail recording and sending or voicemail forwarded).

Last edited:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What do you mean? How do you do this?

iOS > Settings > Phone ... Block Calls
scroll to the VERY bottom of your existing list and you can manually type in a number.

Any SMS contact or contact in your phone book from the Contact app you can select the "I" (small i) button and select block as well.

No: You cannot block every 1-8xx number like a wildcard ... I'd LOVE to have that feature but alas nope.

BTW I was posing a question to block ALL 1-8xx numbers ... not that I COULD do it in iOS ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.