Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
for the past 7 years, i have used an old iPod touch with my 2012 Subaru Impreza to play a large set of music tracks. a couple months ago, i swapped this out with a retired iPhone SE running iOS12.

what i have found is that sporadically (without any rhyme or reason from my perspective), the phone will forget the last track it was playing so that i am stuck with the first song of the 10,000+ tracks on the iPhone.

is there any way to force the iPhone SE to remember the last track it was playing (eg, track 56 of a 300 track playlist)? i unfortunately can't go back to the iPod touch because it is being used in another car (which had a lot of problems using the iPhone SE as an iPod)

thanks for any thoughts/experiences.

Reactions: anthony guerriero

anthony guerriero

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2019
philadelphia pa
for the past 7 years, i have used an old iPod touch with my 2012 Subaru Impreza to play a large set of music tracks. a couple months ago, i swapped this out with a retired iPhone SE running iOS12.

what i have found is that sporadically (without any rhyme or reason from my perspective), the phone will forget the last track it was playing so that i am stuck with the first song of the 10,000+ tracks on the iPhone.

is there any way to force the iPhone SE to remember the last track it was playing (eg, track 56 of a 300 track playlist)? i unfortunately can't go back to the iPod touch because it is being used in another car (which had a lot of problems using the iPhone SE as an iPod)

thanks for any thoughts/experiences.
[doublepost=1551475445][/doublepost]my iphone se has been hacked because of my wifi comcast are a bunch of thieves. all the security of my iphone se is non existant and ive been back n forth to apple a million times and they cant seem to find anything wrong with my phone.. its amazing but i need a lawyer. they are hacking by way of the accessibility. so many features are infected

kyussmondo

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
UK
I thought it might be a RAM issue, but it happens on my iPhone XS as well. I can literally be out of the car for 5 minutes and not even touch the phone and it will have forgotten the track. Then Siri tries to be smart and jumps to my most played playlist, which is very annoying. I can’t see it being a RAM issue, and even so, you would think it would save it in memory even if your app was closed. I think it is actually a Siri bug, “oh, you just connected to your car, lets play your most played playlist!”.... “Nooooo!! Just play from where I was playing!!!”.

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
This is a common issue. If the Music app closes in the background, it'll reset to the first song in the library. There is no fix currently, but I've seen some people add a silent track to the beginning of their library to work around it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.