Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RUQRU

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
***WITSEC***
After using Migration Assistant to move to a new M2 Max Mac Studio the Reminders app was completely blank. It did not sync to iCloud or even allow starting a new reminder. This is because some support files were corrupt.

If you encounter this issue here is the fix:

In your user Library find the folders located at /Users/USER NAME/Library/Reminders

1. Move all folders to the Desktop
  2. Then, restart your Mac
  3. Open the Reminders app to automatically rebuild the folders and sync properly
  4. After verifying that all is good, delete the folders you placed on the desktop.

Last edited:

vrsnake

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
NYC
So I also am having this problem, also after migrating to an M2 Max Mac Studio, but unfortunately your fix is not working for me. Reminders recreates files in the ~/Library/Reminders folder but the app still comes up with a blank screen showing nothing. Visiting Reminders on my iPhone shows they are all still there though. Anything else I could try?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
If they're on your phone, check on www.icloud.com - if not there, then sync your iPhone to iCloud, and ensure iCloud is enabled on the Mac as well. That should sort it.

If they ARE visible on iCloud, just not on your Mac (even with iCloud enabled) try creating a temporary user & sync them there. If that works.... there are things to try, but we're getting into a big branch of t/s over a hypothetical there so just let us know if you get to that point or not.

Reactions: ignatius345

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
If they're on your phone, check on www.icloud.com - if not there, then sync your iPhone to iCloud, and ensure iCloud is enabled on the Mac as well. That should sort it.

If they ARE visible on iCloud, just not on your Mac (even with iCloud enabled) try creating a temporary user & sync them there. If that works.... there are things to try, but we're getting into a big branch of t/s over a hypothetical there so just let us know if you get to that point or not.

I'm at this point. After a Time Machine restore which went all well except for the Reminder app which is blank, but works in a new account logged in with my same iCloud account. Already tried deleting folders in library

I think I read it's a problem with iCloud keys and it need 48h to fix itself. Now logged out from iCloud, will relog in a couple days. Or I will install everything manually on a new account, but it would suck a little

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
So I also am having this problem, also after migrating to an M2 Max Mac Studio, but unfortunately your fix is not working for me. Reminders recreates files in the ~/Library/Reminders folder but the app still comes up with a blank screen showing nothing. Visiting Reminders on my iPhone shows they are all still there though. Anything else I could try?
Did you ever fix this? Having the same issue. Deleting the Library folder, restarting and turning on/off iCloud sync haven't helped me.

vrsnake

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
NYC
Did you ever fix this? Having the same issue. Deleting the Library folder, restarting and turning on/off iCloud sync haven't helped me.
Yes. After deleting the folder and rebooting, I left everything alone for 24 hours. Upon reopening Reminders, everything was back.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
That didn't work for me either after 48h. In the end I just started fresh with a new user account on the Mac... was a bit of work but everything is clean now and there were a lot of apps I wasn't using anymore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.