Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Since updating to iOS 13 and watchOS 6, I’ve noticed that when I make a reminder using my watch at a certain time, eg, “remind me to mow the lawn Saturday at 10am”, the response given shows the created reminder, but the date/time is odd. The time is formatted in 24 hour format, and the date is day/month/year.

I’ve included a screenshot for reference. How do I revert this to standard US date format, along with AM/PM format?

BEB56D8D-4338-4316-AA70-BD2E45D3992B.png

NorthCarolina

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2018
On The Hill
Settings > General > Language & Region
Try setting it back to US if it changed to another country.
There's also a preview at the bottom that will display your current settings.

As for 24-hour clock, look under Settings > General > Date & Time
Switch off 24-hour time.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Settings > General > Language & Region
Try setting it back to US if it changed to another country.
There's also a preview at the bottom that will display your current settings.

As for 24-hour clock, look under Settings > General > Date & Time
Switch off 24-hour time.

Thanks. Unfortunately, these settings have been properly set and have never changed. I’ve yet to leave the country with my iPhone.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I wonder if anyone else experiences this and just doesn’t notice. I can’t be the only one.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Did you try changing Siri's gender and nationality? I mean a British version would reply in the correct way :)

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Did you try changing Siri's gender and nationality? I mean a British version would reply in the correct way :)

I did try to change it, and didn’t get a change to the date format on the watch. My default is also British female.

Mine looks the same. But I don't mind, because it looks perfectly fine to me. ?
I have the British female voice.

View attachment 872085

I also have it set to British Female, as I said above. However, temporarily changing it to American didn’t change that date format.

LindyTalbot

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
I see some folks are having this issue on their iPhones. I only have this issue with Reminders created on the watch. I looked on the watch and in the Apple Watch app for anything that might be toggled on/off and couldn't find it. Anyone have any luck yet with an explanation/solution? I am thinking this may be a sw bug.

Attachments

• Watch Reminders Date Format Issue.PNG
    Watch Reminders Date Format Issue.PNG
    111.4 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: Cyroceon

Cypertruck

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2020
Denmark
No go. I. Have a feeling it’s due to my Siri being British female. No resolution yet.
I also believe that it is the Siri - which is the problem - mixing the am/pm up - annoying that the 24 clock suddenly turns up with am and pm - and Siri cannot understand when making a reminder tomorrow at 9 - she makes it at 21:00! 9 o'clock in the evening...? Guess you are right when you anticipate it has to do with Siri / Time zones etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.