Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gilbertmc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue since iOS13. At that time I had an iPhone 8 Plus and an Apple Watch Series 3.
Everyday when going to bed I usually turn off both devices and I disable bluetooth on the phone. On the reminders notifications, I like to have them as temporary and not persistent. Since an update at that time, everytime I would turn on both devices in the morning, I would turn on bluetooth and then the phone and the watch would establish connection, the banner style would change from temporary to persistent. This also happened with iOS 14 and now is still happening with iOS 15 after having bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Even a friend that owns a Series 6 and an iPhone 5 is facing the same issue.

I was wondering if an of the people that will read this could test on their devices to change the banner style to temporary, turn off both devices and turn them back on and see if the setting changes to persistent please. The setting change will take few seconds, is not immediate.

I already opened a case with Apple and collected screen recordings, logs, screenshots, restored the devices many times and setting them as a new device and not restoring from backup. It seems they are aware of the situation but after two major versions still incapable of fixing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.