Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Talarian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2021
Connecticut, United States
EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. I gave the smart list two filters: the #travel tag and "Relative Range - In the Past Year" and that accomplished my goal.

I would like to create a custom Smart List that uses a #tag to show all reminders with that #tag that are overdue or due today, but Reminders seems unable to manage a list that incorporates both "all day" reminders (set for only a specific day) and "timed" reminders (set for both a specific day and time), nor can it show both future and past reminders at the same time.

For example, I use the #travel tag to indicate things I need to do when I leave the house for the day. However, I sometimes have created these for dates in the future. Let's say I have the following:

• Pick up dog - Yesterday #travel
  • Groceries - Today #travel
  • Drop off books - Today, 9:00 AM #travel
  • Pick up potting soil - Tomorrow #travel
Now, the first and most obvious issue is that I DIDN'T PICK UP MY DOG YESTERDAY. But that aside, there doesn't seem to be a way to create a custom list that will pull reminders from the past as well as reminders for today into one list (while also ignoring reminders for future days), since you can only use a single date filter.

Additionally, there appears to be a difference between "In the Next 24 Hours" vs. "In the Next Day." The "In the Next 24 Hours" filter will pull the "Drop off Books - Today, 9am" reminder but NOT the "Groceries - Today" reminder. Using the "In the Next Day" date filter pulls the opposite combination of reminders. But I want a filter that will pull BOTH.

I could just create a list that simply pulls the #travel tag, itself (free of date constrictions), but then I'll also pull the "Pick up potting soil" reminder that is set for tomorrow, and I don't need to see that yet. That's why I set it to fire tomorrow.

Any Reminders savants out there who can apply some filter logic that I'm missing? Or is this functionality simply beyond the current ability of the app?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.