Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
I had reported this issue with Reminders (iOS13.0-13.1) whereby it would prompt you to edit a reminder whenever you touched it while scrolling through lists, either slowly or quickly, and it did this erratically. I was surprised that I was literally the only person who found this bug (sorry, I’m calling it a bug as I refuse to believe it was intentionally designed this way!).

As it’s an important everyday app, I could not accept this and switched to Microsoft’s To Do app. So far it does exactly what I need! I like the Reminders app, as well as the new features, but can’t get past this idiotic issue.

I had initially downloaded Todoist but as soon as I realised it costs $3.99 a month to use, I deleted it immediately.

I would appreciate if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue with Reminders, to advise if there is a work around or setting I’m missing to stop it behaving as described.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
Todoist doesn't cost $3.99/month to use. Todoist *Premium* costs $2.99/month, and you don't need to buy Premium if you don't need the premium features.

klky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
Todoist doesn't cost $3.99/month to use. Todoist *Premium* costs $2.99/month, and you don't need to buy Premium if you don't need the premium features.
Brilliant. Thanks for that.

Actually it does cost that much. That’s my understanding of “$3.99 Pay Monthly”. Of course if you want to pay $35.99 upfront for a year for an app you’ve never tried, that’s your prerogative. To Do offers much of the same “premium” features for free which is why I ultimately chose to use it instead of Todoist. See, you didn’t need to explain to me how choice works.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I don’t have any issues other than initial syncing where some items had the old due date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.