Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I think my reminders are almost working OK now. If I add a reminder on my phone it'll sync with my Mac and vice versa. BUT if I delay reminder.notifications on phone or mac they don't delay on the other device.

Also, every so often, reminder notifications on my phone separate so I'll have 2 lists of notifications.

Jason_G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
London, UK
Erm, is it just me or has something suddenly changed and Reminders is super fast now (on my iPhone and Mac)?! 😯😯😯🤞🤞🤞

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Super fast how?

For me, if I ask for a reminder to be reminded and hour later or tomorrow on my iPhone, it doesn't cut across to my Mac. Is that normal?

Jason_G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
London, UK
Sorry I should have been clearer, it's just significantly 'snappier' tapping from one list to another, in the past it would take a fair bit of time to load up the list, even if you'd only been to it a few minutes earlier.

I'll have to test your scenario out, as I normally 'snooze' my reminders from my Mac and they remind me again there an hour, tomorrow, next morning etc

Reactions: scouser75

Jason_G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
London, UK
Super fast how?

For me, if I ask for a reminder to be reminded and hour later or tomorrow on my iPhone, it doesn't cut across to my Mac. Is that normal?
So I just tried this: had a reminder pop up on my Mac (and iPhone), snoozed it for 1 hour from my Mac, it popped up again on both devices an hour later, snoozed it for an hour from my iPhone, popped up again on both devices an hour later - seems to work as expected for me..

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
So I just tried this: had a reminder pop up on my Mac (and iPhone), snoozed it for 1 hour from my Mac, it popped up again on both devices an hour later, snoozed it for an hour from my iPhone, popped up again on both devices an hour later - seems to work as expected for me..
Thanks for trying this. I'll need to suss out why it's not working for me.

Which list do you use? Reminders? Icloud.com?

Jason_G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
London, UK
Thanks for trying this. I'll need to suss out why it's not working for me.

Which list do you use? Reminders? Icloud.com?
What do you mean? I have numerous lists within Reminders, in this example I used entries in the default Reminders list..

I presume that although snoozing reminders across devices isn't working for you, they do still sync across devices both ways etc?

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
What do you mean? I have numerous lists within Reminders, in this example I used entries in the default Reminders list..

I presume that although snoozing reminders across devices isn't working for you, they do still sync across devices both ways etc?
Hi Jason,

I think I know what might be wrong. If I mute reminders individually they mute across devices. But if I mute all at once, they don't sync across.

Glitch in the system?

Jason_G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
London, UK
Hi Jason,

I think I know what might be wrong. If I mute reminders individually they mute across devices. But if I mute all at once, they don't sync across.

Glitch in the system?
Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by "mute reminders", I don't think you can mute a specific reminder or per list, just the Reminders app itself..

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by "mute reminders", I don't think you can mute a specific reminder or per list, just the Reminders app itself..
Hi mate, sorry, what I meant was I have about 6 reminders, on my iphone if I long press on the first one (they're all stacked), I get the option to Remind me in an hour / remind me in the morning etc. If I do select any option, the reminders are removed from the home screen untill the selected option time. BUT they remain on my Mac.

And this world the other way round too - if I remind me later on my Mac, this doesn't cut across to my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.