Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
My wife and I share a few different lists in the Reminders app. We're not on iOS 13 yet, but I'm assuming this applies to both iOS 12 and iOS 13.

So, for example, we have a shared/collaborative Groceries list. My assumption was that, whenever either of us adds a new item, deletes one, or at least marks one as completed, the other would receive a push notification indicating as such. This doesn't appear to be the case, and I just wanted to verify. I already checked my Reminders app settings as well as notification settings.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
My wife and I share a few different lists in the Reminders app. We're not on iOS 13 yet, but I'm assuming this applies to both iOS 12 and iOS 13.

So, for example, we have a shared/collaborative Groceries list. My assumption was that, whenever either of us adds a new item, deletes one, or at least marks one as completed, the other would receive a push notification indicating as such. This doesn't appear to be the case, and I just wanted to verify. I already checked my Reminders app settings as well as notification settings.

Have you checked AnyList? I use it but I don’t use the sharing feature.

I’m not sure about push notifications but it does have badge support.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Have you checked AnyList? I use it but I don’t use the sharing feature.

I’m not sure about push notifications but it does have badge support.
AnyList is an excellent app and does indeed offer push notifications! We've used it in the past. We're trying Apple Reminders right now in anticipation of the new UI in iOS 13 which is useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.