Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
When I first got my Honda Accord 2016 EX back in December I tested car based reminders and they worked great. When my iPhone 6s Plus connected to Bluetooth, I got a reminder. I didn't even have to connect to (wired) CarPlay, which my car also supports (wired only).

Lately I've noticed that location based reminders aren't working well. Twice I've set a reminder for arriving at home and never got notified at all. As such I decided to test location based reminders today. The first thing I did was tell Siri to remind me when I get in my car. That didn't work at all. Since the last time I tested this, I've deleted pairing with my car (and reset network settings) and added pairing again, but I wouldn't think that would break things.

Anyway since that didn't work, I decided to try resetting privacy and location settings since I've read that helps location based reminders. I then tested leaving home and arriving at work. Leaving home worked. Arriving at work also worked, though it didn't tell me for about 5 minutes after I arrived. I still haven't testing arriving at home again though.

Car based reminders are still not working at all. I've tried resetting network settings, removing my car from BlueTooth and CarPlay and adding them back in again. Nothing I do gets reminders to work with my car.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get reminders to work with my car again?

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I tried an old iPhone 5s also running iOS 9.2.1 and reminders didn't work with my car on that either. It looks like a recent iOS update broke car reminders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.