Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
So I finally got around to updating to 10.8.2 this weekend...and ever since, iCal won't stop reminding me of my calendar events. The reminders keep repeating themselves every few minutes, and the system is even issuing reminders for events that don't have any. This does not stop until after the event has started.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

shanew22

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
I have the same problem

This exact situation is also happening to me. I'm getting non stop reminders from the events I have in my calender. I even went through and individually made sure that each one did not have a reminder set and it still won't stop. It's driving me crazy...

SodaJunkie

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Make the pesky alerts stop!

I also have this problem where the alerts keep popping up. I've tried "Snooze" and "Close" and neither of them seems to be effective. Short of deleting the events, have you come up with a solution?

leftheaded

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
this issue is still plaguing my iphone. i don't mind getting reminders for calendar entries where i setup a reminder, but it is terribly annoying to get reminders for every single event whether or not a reminder was setup.

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
So I finally got around to updating to 10.8.2 this weekend...and ever since, iCal won't stop reminding me of my calendar events. The reminders keep repeating themselves every few minutes, and the system is even issuing reminders for events that don't have any. This does not stop until after the event has started.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Similar issue here. I have some set to remind of things once daily, but when I respond with "remind me tomorrow" they pop back up in another hour or two. This happens several times throughout the day. Still investigating a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.