Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Mar 19, 2009
No matter whether you use Dreamhost, Squarespace or Wix, you are going to need to do the same amount of work because you can't transfer your website built with iWeb over to their platform. It will be a case of re-doing it with the tools the hosting company provides with their site builder, and manually copying over the content afterwards.

I don't have any experience with site builders as I'm a developer myself so I can't comment on Remixer as a potential option, but they state you don't need to provide any card details to give it a try, so perhaps give it a spin and see what you think? No harm trying it if there are no commitments.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Good idea to give it a try. I understand and already knew I couldn't port my iWeb site, and that's actually good news... I look forward to a new one. I have a feeling the Remixer function is meager and less full featured than that offered by Squarespace and similar. So I may just need to switch over. Thank you for your reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.