Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill99

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2019
Hello forum

would like to give a remote Mac-user(trusted person/friend) access to my iMac, in order to have this person fixed a problem with a 3d/VFX job.

- in addition it should be possible to talk/phone(built in mic of the Mac) over the same internet-line (fiber) as well
- Webcam not needed/desired
- this remote support application should ask me for permission before the support-person is granted access to the Mac GUI

What applications do support such a scenario?

Thank's a lot for your help!

Bill

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hello forum

would like to give a remote Mac-user(trusted person/friend) access to my iMac, in order to have this person fixed a problem with a 3d/VFX job.

- in addition it should be possible to talk/phone(built in mic of the Mac) over the same internet-line (fiber) as well
- Webcam not needed/desired
- this remote support application should ask me for permission before the support-person is granted access to the Mac GUI

What applications do support such a scenario?

Thank's a lot for your help!

Bill
Any of the conferencing apps like Zoom can do this just fine, as can iMessage.

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
SharePlay or Messages, as well as TeamViewer.

If you need extra security you can tinker with internal sharing options, but for your purpose consider looking at VPN or proxy connection between your computers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.