Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamal66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
I used to use the remote app with my ATV 3, but now with my new ATV 4, it doesn't work!
I search and found that "The Remote app isn't compatible with Apple TV (4th generation)" according to apple support webpage.
The remote app would help a lot to type and search for an app or search a video in youtube
anyone has any news about that or a solution?
thx

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
It's well documented here that it's not compatible. Kind of crazy that they couldn't even give us basic keyboard input for launch, but such is the current state of Apple. I'd like to think that they are instead planning on releasing a newly updated app that allows you to use your phone as a fully featured remote with Siri input and the ability to act as an additional game controller, but perhaps that's too much to ask. How awesome would it be if turning on the ATV through your phone with TouchID automatically brought up your user profile?

There's a ton of potential here - let's hope Apple chooses to do something with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.