Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
so i want to do some macro work and i don't want to use a flash, and i want to be able to do it in low light.. long story short, i decided i need a remote control for my digital rebel....

i want to get something cheap, but really have no idea what features there are, what to look out for, etc. i'm wary of getting a $25 one when there are like $500 ones... but, is there any reason this wouldn't allow me to remote control an 8 second exposure (and thus avoid moving the camera...)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...935&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

thoughts? thanks!

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
ok so yeah, the lc 5 is way out of my price range. is there any reason NOT to get the 26 dollar one when i just need it for simple/non professional stuff?

thanks all!

alywa

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
I got the RC1 ($25) for christmas, and it works very well as a simple remote. It has 2 settings (time delay or instant), and seems to work well both indoors and outside.

It's light, cheap and easy to use. For $25, it is really a no-brainer.

-alywa

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
welp i just ordered the rs 60e3. i figured that for my uses, wired was ok, and potentially more reliable than wireless, and that way i wouldn't necessarily have to be in a particular spot to have it register with the ir sensor (other than the cable length limitation of course!)

thanks for the help seen and unseen responders. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.