Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treecat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
Hungary
Has any one tried connect Remote control from iMac (Intel based) to MacPro via third's party IR reciver?

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
I did that hack that Rad posted and had front row working beautifully. As of yesterday front row no longer works, and I have no idea why. Maybe a security update messed it up or something. Got any ideas Rad?

Rad

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2006
Updates

I have the latest Apple updates, including the security and Airport updates. Just checked and everything still works fine. Running a Mac Pro Quad 3.0 with 6 GB Ram, RAID 0 Raptor 150 X 2 boot volume and 3 other internal SATA drives.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
That's sweet. I actually have an old MCE2005 micrsoft reciever from an old media center pc, and so I thought I'd give it a try with the Mira software and to my amazement it works great with it & the apple remote.

Class.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
weird... I merely made mention in a past posting of doing the preference file changes to enable Front Row on my Mac Pro, said I ran into a problem with my USB and ended up restoring the original files, and my post was deleted by a moderator. :eek: My posting didn't have any external links or anything.

There was a bit of a rebuff by a fellow forum member, who compared enabling Front Row on a Mac Pro with hacking a trial version of iLife (hmm... not quite, in my book, since I'm not currently given the option to "upgrade" my Mac Pro to use its built-in Front Row files, nor am I given any sort of "trial" usage, but meh...) :rolleyes:

It all seemed a little police state to me, but I've been afraid to broach the topic since then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.