Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Hey all, I had a couple of questions:

1) Using Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for Mac: I am able to remotely control the PC beautifully, but is there any to drag and drop items from one machine to another?? Do I have to share files across a network or is there any to move files back and forth using the RDC??

2) I am having trouble getting a PC to print on my printer that is attached to and shared on my Mac. I have enabled Windows sharing as well as printer sharing, but I can't see the printer any where on my PC (although I can see my computer).

--Any thoughts, comments and solutions would be greatly appreciated.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
lopresmb said:
1) Using Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for Mac: I am able to remotely control the PC beautifully, but is there any to drag and drop items from one machine to another?? Do I have to share files across a network or is there any to move files back and forth using the RDC??

Does this help? It's not particularly user-friendly but it was made by Microsoft... :eek:

Microsoft said:
Make your Macintosh drives available to the Windows-based computer

In the Remote Desktop Connection window, click Options.
On the Local Resources tab, under Local devices, select Disk drives.
Click Connect.
Note

You might see a Remote Desktop Connection security warning, which asks whether you want to connect your Macintosh drives to the Windows-based computer. To enable these connections, click OK. If you click Cancel, you will be returned to the connection dialog, and you should clear the Disk Drives option on the Local Resources tab under Options before you try connecting again.

I think I actually recommend the direct network file-sharing route. :)

lopresmb said:
2) I am having trouble getting a PC to print on my printer that is attached to and shared on my Mac. I have enabled Windows sharing as well as printer sharing, but I can't see the printer any where on my PC (although I can see my computer).

Try Bonjour for Windows. :)

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Thanks for the networking tip, yeah, you jsut have to access the networked disks and access them from the Mac desktop --- no drag and drop with RDC I suppose,

but in terms of the bonjour setup -- I installed it on the bonjor software on the PC, and now it will see the Epson printer on the Mac, the drivers are installed, but it still gets a communication error when trying to print to the Mac. :mad:

P.S. Thanks for the tips Mad, I feel like I am about 3/4 of the way there, its just the actually getting it to work part that is getting on my nerves.

P.S.S. - thanks in advance to anyone else who has any ideas or solutions !!

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Whats going on????

so new development--

I am still getting nothing to print from the shared printer on the Mac, but the files that I try to print show up in the completed tab of the printer on my Mac. WEIRD, anybody know whats going on????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.