Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JT3Jon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Can anyone recommend an iPad case for the 9.7 iPad Pro that can be removed daily and hold up?

I used a Targus 3D Protection on my old iPad Air 2, and it worked well for my purposes - good protection when away from my desk/work, comes off easily to be put into my work desk setup. Held up well over the years. Unfortunately, though it fits my new ipad Pro 9.7, its not ideal - flash on back of ipad is blocked my material, magnet close does not work on ipad pro, material blocking 2nd set of speakers, etc.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can provide. Really appreciate it!

Last edited:

JT3Jon

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Anyone who finds this thread, in my limited best buy research it looks like most of Targus line, the part that holds the ipad is made out of flexible material, not hard cases that will crack if removed frequently. This is also true of the UAG's line as well. I personally went with the UAG as it felt better in my hands and sounded better than the Targus. The Targus's "curved sound openings" make the ipad sound distorted to me vs just having openings for the sound like in the UAG.

Hope this helps someone.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I would have went with the Poetic Slimline. I've seen a few UAG cases and I like the feel, not the look. However I would recommend them to someone looking for a durable case similar to an Otterbox.

Targus cases/brand looks very business, office like. If you like that style then fine. But I feel that they don't last long. Their materials don't feel too durable.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
I'm interested in this too. I think the Smart Keyboard isn't compatible since the new iPad doesn't support that connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.