Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Hi
How can I remove an old email autocomplete which now an obsolete when using iPhone mail stock app ?
When I click on info next to the obsolete email it says :
email (Siri found in Mail)
fake@forum.com
Thx
Using iPhone 13

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Didn't quite get what you asked about.
Usually means that email is synced with contacts which means Mail app will autocomplete only those who are saved/linked to your contacts or often communicate

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Didn't quite get what you asked about.
Usually means that email is synced with contacts which means Mail app will autocomplete only those who are saved/linked to your contacts or often communicate
Sorry let me word it again

I am trying to use my iPhone13 mail stock app to send an email as per the below snapshot :

I am looking to get rid off the second email in the snapshot as it is an obsolete email.

When I press on letter i next to that email it says :

Code:
email (Siri found in Mail) s,,,,,@,,,,.com.

No option for edit or delete

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Is it possibly because, even though it's no longer in use, a saved email exists with that address?
Yes still I have got emails from that obselet address in my gmail inbox

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
If you tap on the "i" symbol to the right of the address, it slides over a view with options for the contact. In there, there's a button labelled "Don't Suggest Contact". It brings up a different confirmation (below) to swiping so maybe it'll be more permanent.

1645569636897.png

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
If you tap on the "i" symbol to the right of the address, it slides over a view with options for the contact. In there, there's a button labelled "Don't Suggest Contact". It brings up a different confirmation (below) to swiping so maybe it'll be more permanent.
I tried that and it didn't help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.