Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmdlcar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2024
I'm new to Apple. I just bought a MacBook Pro and install a App but it wasn't what I wanted so how can I remove or delete the app?

za9ra22

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
In most instances, simply open the Applications folder and drag the app you don't want into the trash. That will remove all the active components of it, though there will probably be a few small, passive files left in the Library folder. These latter have no impact on the functioning of the system however.

Alternative, you can use a utility such as 'Delete Apps' (from the Apple Store) to do this for you.

Reactions: jmdlcar

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
How can I install appcleaner? @76 hope I can learn my MacBook Pro after using Linux for the last 25 years.

Click this ^ to download the app. That will download the app to your Downloads folder.

Then click the AppCleaner_3.6.8.zip file in the Downloads folder and it will extract the app file from the compressed zip file.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 8.12.11 AM.png

It will look like this ^. Then drag and drop the AppCleaner.app file into your Applications folder. That's it.

You can delete the AppCleaner_3.6.8.zip file if you want.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
AppCleaner is fantastic. Light weight application. If you want to use it on another Mac you can just email it or send through a DM. I have had this in my application folder for many many years now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.